My Blog List

Saturday, July 21, 2018

Booties Plus

Not too much knitting happened this past week because we were off to California's wilderness with no phone and no Internet! Crazy, eh?  I did finish a pair of booties though for a choir friend's first grandchild though.


I had to shorten the cuff because for the first time ever with this angora yarn I ran short.


We spent four days with Dick's brother and his wife.  Our small abode is behind us with its great view of Silver Lake and not too far from Lake Tahoe.


Sunset on Silver Lake


Dick and Bob went on a 6 mile hike to Carson Pass.


I joined the two brothers for a "short" hike the next day.  It involved lots of scrambling over huge rocks!

I was sure glad to get past this giant and back on a "real" trail!


Here's the only wildlife we encountered.


The lupine was pretty much past its prime on this trail, but we did see some other flowers.


Meanwhile, while we were gone, my older daughter sent me this photo of our oldest grand daughter who is learning to sew. Isn't her apron beautiful?  I am very proud of her, too!


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like Sophia is pretty proud (as she should be) and the baton gets passed to the next generation of makers!!!!!

Glad you had such a nice vacation. The view is stunning.

Caffeine Girl said...

Getting off the grid is a healthy thing, I think! I was glued to the news last week when we were Up North.
I love the Lake Tahoe area. I've been there a few times. It is so beautiful, but I find the lack of shade makes hiking exhausting. Here in the Midwest, we have shade!
Your granddaughter is just darling.

kathy b said...

Oh Judy! I am beyond proud of you for hiking with the guys! You are in good shape and your weight is great so I bet you felt pretty good on the hike! Beautiful photos and boooties. Beautiful apron!

Betsy said...

Beautiful booties for the baby. You would never know that you shortened the cuffs. Your granddaughter’s apron is beautiful. I see you are passing on your skills. And finally, but most impressive, is the fact that you hiked with the guys. I would have a very difficult time doing that with my back right now, but my goodness! What beautiful scenery you had for the hike. Your photos are absolutely stunning. Thank you for sharing with us.
Many blessings, Betsy

Araignee said...

What a view!!!!! That is such a gorgeous place.
The little Miss in her apron really made me smile. It looks like she really is enjoying herself!

Tired Teacher said...

Getting away and off the grid is great for recharging your body's "batteries" I'm afraid scrambling over rocks would not be enjoyable for me and my knees.

Sharon said...

What a great vacation you had. And it's super your granddaughter is following in your footsteps. We all need someone to pass our extras to

karen said...

no phone and no internet would do me in! I confess to an addiction to being connected. Lovely granddaughter who sews!!

Rian said...

Getting "off the grid" actually sounds heavenly. Let the email pile up, yay!! Hope you are having a wonderful time, your granddaughter is lovely and very talented, too!

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

elns said...

That is such a beautiful area you were in. Looks like a wonderful time! Your granddaughter is beautiful and she did an excellent job on that apron, you should both be proud!!