My Blog List

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Cannon Beach and Last April Finishes

Wow, life got busy, and I'm later than usual with a new post.  We've been rehearsing with our choir for Sunday's Worship through Music concert.  If you are so inclined, you can watch the live stream at either 9 or 11 AM (Pacific Time) this Sunday, the 6th.  We are singing Ralph Vaughn William's Dona Nobis Pacem and a few other hymns.  We also spent a couple of other days at Cannon Beach, OR, and had the local GK at our house overnight, and Little Miss asked me to teach her to "yarn"!  (She's four.)



Can you guess this mountain?  It was visible in all its glory from a viewpoint en route.


A very low tide let us get close to Haystack Rock and its nearby companions.


This cave was approachable because of the low tide. It's on a beach south of Cannon Beach.


The bunnies are back at Tolovana and snacking on the grass!




When we got back home, we were pleasantly welcomed with these beauties.



And here are two of  my  last three April finishes:



The third one is still drying on the dining room table.  That scarf is a fun pattern for striping yarn that has fairly long color changes.  The socks also work well with striping yarn.  Can you see the one spot that has a dyeing issue?  So long for now, and a Happy May to you all!

9 comments:

Betsy said...

Mt. St. Helens? I'm so jealous of trips to the Oregon coast. We have a trip tentatively planned for September and I can't wait to hear the water as it crashes into the sand.
Beautiful makes. I really like the sock pattern, is the dye issue in the red? It wouldn't be noticed if you hadn't said anything. And it will be covered by the shoes!!!
Have a wonderful day!
Blessings,
Betsy

Tired Teacher said...

The Oregon coastline is unique and so beautiful. Love your finished knits and your gorgeous flowers.

Araignee said...

What beautiful scenery!!!

Anonymous said...

Your projects look great. Ugh about the undyed spot. At least it ended up on the bottom of your foot and if you really hate it, you could always color it in with a red Sharpie.

Glad you had a good time along the coast.

kathy b said...

Happy May to you dear Judy. LOVE your socks. Your bunnies seem darker than ours. Actually we don't see them in Wisconsin. But we had tons in illinois

Mereknits said...

I want to live in Oregon so glad you got to have some nice time there. Love your new projects Judy. HAve a great weekend.

karen said...

gorgeous photos!! I wish I could be there in person. lovely projects and I love the swirly socks.

Rian said...

Judy, isn't it amazing how busy life is in retirement! Yikes!
Looking forward to hearing your choir Sunday!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely trip that was. I especially liked the pictures of the rabbits. I was listening to the choir when the computer suddenly started scrolling and I couldn't get it back. What I heard was lovely, and I'll try again tomorrow.