My Blog List

Saturday, October 7, 2017

Some Finishes at Last!

Why didn't anyone tell me how busy our days would be once I retired?  Gosh, the days just seem to fly by at warp speed!  I have completed a few projects despite the madness, however.


You remember this one, right?  Well, with the leftovers of the 21 colors I completed another hat, and it had even more ends to hide.  I couldn't quite follow the pattern exactly though. I think it's hard to see how they're related, don't you?


Then Nancy did a post on helical stripes, and so I tried it with dpns.  It was fun, and I couldn't help wonder whether I could have used the technique on these two.  Thanks, Nancy!  It worked great on my little Christmas hat.


Meanwhile, I've been working on Nutkin for Dee's KAL.  It used to look like this:


(Did you notice my "bobbin"?  I finally found a use for all those bread closures! Someone else's cool idea)  And now it looks like this:


I am not using the short row heel though, and if I ever make this pattern again I will use an K1P1 cuff.  This stitch pattern is easy to memorize which is nice.


Our quilt group has made stockings for the local Ronald McDonald house for quite a few years now, and these two are my contribution this year. Quilting the fabric is what takes most of the time.  It looks like one is bigger than the other, doesn't it?  They are from the same pattern though, so I think my eye is tricking me.



We spent part of today with these two.  They suddenly appeared wearing some of the things I made over the years.   It's fun to see them used!  Have a great week!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Nutkin is coming along nicely.

Always nice to see the grands on the blog!!! They certainly have grown!

Araignee said...

Oh. My. Gosh. All your projects are amazing!

kathy b said...

Judy you have been very busy. Love the quilted stockings, so much. The kids having fun with you is always a joy to read about. Love your KAL Nutkins. Im enjoying Creation Songs again as I drive to the barn these days.

karen said...

I love how busy you are in retirement, you fill your days with trips and family, sounds like heaven to me!! great knits and keep on doing what you are doing!!

Tired Teacher said...

Oh my, you have some fabulous finished knits! I'm glad you tried the helical stripe technique: I love knitting round and round without worrying about carrying yarn.

Mereknits said...

Judy, you have been crazy busy and I am not sure how you get it all done. Well done on all of your projects.

Anonymous said...

Retirement isn't so busy if you only do one thing. LOL Those children look adorable.

elns said...

Oh the kiddos in the knits are too cute! I found the nutkin easy to memorize as well, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been causing me some issues. LOL. Too much tired knitting I suppose. Anyhow, that is lovely yarn you are using. Love the stripey hats!

Merry said...

You have been a busy lady….more amazing creations.