My Blog List

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Rest Peacefully, Sweet Mocha ~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                                                                                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


We sadly said good-bye to this sweet kitty last Thursday. She had suddenly started feeling poorly, and the vet diagnosed end-stage kidney failure and said she was probably at lot older that we thought.  Mocha was a rescue cat that we brought into our house on Halloween in 2007. For about 3 weeks prior, she'd been appearing at our house, obviously hungry, and I finally started to feed her. One day she let me pick her up only to discover that someone had had her declawed, not a very good way to survive in the woods, so then we took her in even though we already had another cat. We also discovered she also had an unregistered microchip.  Why anyone would abandon any animal, let alone this sweet kitty is unfathomable. Now she has crossed the rainbow bridge, and we dearly miss her quiet presence. Rest peacefully, sweet Mocha. We loved you!

9 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

Araignee said...

She was so lucky to have found you. Bless you for your kindness. May her sweet memory bring you peace at this sad time.

Caffeine Girl said...

What a sweet story! She is such a pretty cat, and it was so good of you to give her a good home. I can't stand that whole declawing thing!

kathy b said...

What a beauty Mocha was. she was so lucky to have YOU!! Im sorry. It is a big hole in the house when they leave...

Mereknits said...

Judy, I am sending you a big hug. After losing Max recently I know the pain you are in. I wish you peace my friend.

karen said...

so very sorry for your loss. What a sweet cat!

Betsy said...

Oh Judy, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Losing our fur babies is so hard and Mocha looks like she was a sweet kitty. We lost our George to the same thing. He was perfectly fine and then days later he was gone. He was the only cat we ever had and I loved him dearly. I'm afraid no other cat could begin to be as sweet as he was, so we've never had another one. I'll keep you in my prayers as you adjust to life without her.
Blessings,
Betsy

elns said...

Oh I'm so sorry for your loss, but I'm so glad that Mocha found you and you her. That is a sweet story in itself. It makes up for someone abandoning her, which makes me so sad.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry. But, very glad she had a good home with you. Hugs.