My Blog List

Monday, June 12, 2017

An Unplanned Finish ~

Sorry to be so far behind on posting and commenting, but it's been a bit crazy here.  First of all, the sun has been shining more than usual, so the garden has been screaming for attention.  It did reward us though.  Our clematis is beautiful this year.



Whenever the sun comes out, we get the travel bug, and we've had a couple of fun trips lately that I need to share, but all of my good intentions have been derailed upon learning that three friends have recently been diagnosed with metastatic cancer. Thus, I've dropped everything to knit some prayer shawls.  One is done, and the second has been cast on.



I hope it will bring a measure of comfort.  How I wish someone would find a cure for this dreadful disease.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about your friends. Sending good thoughts that the doctors will find the right treatment for them.

Araignee said...

Oh, dear. I just lost a childhood friend to cancer last week. My list of losses from this horrible disease goes on and on...time for a cure for sure.

Tanna said...

We've been dealing with friends who have cancer, too, Judy. Such a wicked disease. Your shawl is beautiful and sure to be a comfort. blessings ~ tanna

Tired Teacher said...

The shawls, your prayers, and hugs will help your friends immensely.

Betsy said...

First of all on the happiest know if your flowers are gorgeous. It has been a beautiful spring here not too hot, not too cold. I am so very sorry to hear about your friends. How lovely that you care enough to make him prayer shawls. Your completed one is beautiful. It is a wonderful ministry and can bring much comfort. If you would like to send me an email with their names, I would be happy to add them to my prayer list.
Blessings,
Betsy

Sharon said...

The clematis is gorgeous!. Yes, there is a lot of illness in this world and it seems to drop in at inappropriate times. Prayers for your friends. The shawl is lovely.

kathy b said...

Judy,

So so sorry to haer of your friends struggle. Your shawl is lovely. Just so beautiful as is the gift itself.
Clematis Boom!!!

karen said...

I am so sorry to hear about your friends, may they be well. I know you are busy going and doing and that is how it should be!!

Anonymous said...

I've been wishing that for 50 years and we're still waiting. =( The shawl is lovely, as are your flowers.

Mereknits said...

You are an inspiration Judy, I am so sorry to hear about your friends. Cancer robs us of so many people we love. Hang in there.