My Blog List

Friday, June 5, 2015

Catching Up!

We've had a couple of very busy weeks as you may have already figured out.  Just this morning we took my sister and her husband to the airport so that they could head home to MN.



The weather was pretty nice most of the time they were here except for the day we decided to go to Mount Saint Helens.  At least we got there!  All the other times we tried to take them there it was snowed in.  They arrived a day after we got home from Boston and the funeral service for our grand nephew, and it was just what we needed to lift our spirits.


The service for Alex was truly a celebration of life and concluded with Benjamin's baptism. Jon and Wendy's neighbors were  wonderful and hosted a gathering for everyone afterwards. There was lots of love present that sad day.


Tomorrow we'll get back to our normal schedule with a visit with these two little scamps. What do you suppose they are planning?  Something like that I am sure.  

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was so sorry to hear of Alex's passing, but having Benjamin's baptism was certainly a joy that day.

Max and Stella sure do look like they are plotting. I think it is probably to give Oma and Opa a great big hug!

Araignee said...

I can't even imagine the heartbreak. What grace that lovely family displayed in the face of such sorrow.
Those two little sweethearts under the tree are up to something for sure. Let's hope it's something as adorable as they are!

Mereknits said...

I Think a baptism at the end of the ceremony is such a beautiful way to celebrate that little ones life. I am so glad you were able to go for the funeral and lend your loving support.
Hugs,
Meredith

kathy b said...

Good to see you are up to posting again. Bless that family. It is sooooo difficult. May the other little ones bring you extra joy this week

Caffeine Girl said...

What a bittersweet ceremony. Loss of such a young one is just devastating. Your nephew and his wife are in my thoughts.

Susan Elliott said...

So short a life for Alex. My good friend Helen who is a healer lost a twin brother at six weeks and he has never left her. I'm sorry to hear you were nearby for such a sorrowful day. I see your crew is growing by leaps and bounds and all your knits look so cute on them all. So good to hear from you. It's been a bit of a crazy year for me...Dad has lost all of his friends so we're spending lots more time with him. Will probably sell his Florida house and he'll move back here for good this Winter. He still wants to live alone...not sure how long that will last so all is day to day. Hang in there. Glad to see you having fun with your sister. xoxo Susan

karen said...

so so sad about the baby but I think it is wonderful that family surrounded them and held them in love. I'm glad you were able to attend. My what busy days you've had!

elns said...

Oh as heart breaking as I find this, I'm so glad there was support and celebration of life with your family.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you felt Love surrounding you all. Time with the two little grands is going to be uplifting too.