My Blog List

Friday, October 26, 2012

On the Needles~and Off

Precious little work was done on this pair of Weeping Angel socks thanks to a couple of other things that were keeping my needles busy. I do love the pattern, however, and it has the most intriguing heel, in case you want to try it. (See Ravelry)


Two other pairs of socks came off the needles however!

Brown Sugar 

and Dragonfly!
This is one of the projects that  captured my attention.  A "hairy" chemo cap for my choir friend who will be donating her beautiful hair to Locks of Love just prior to her treatment.

The Anenome hat was hand deliverd to Miss Sophia.  What a fun project that was!  Her brothers liked their hats too, but it's getting harder to capture them long enough for photo ops.......

16 comments:

Rian said...

Ya done good!

kathy b said...

The Dragonfly pattern is so beautiful each time I see it knit up!!! You have been busy!
Love Miss Sophia's hat and smile....she still has all the baby teeth?? Take lots of pictures..
they get so silly when they loose the teeth!!!

Nancy said...

Great finishes in both hats and socks. Brown Sugar's yarn is so colorful. That pair is by far my favorite.

straythreads said...

great socks and fun hat
ann

Becca said...

You make the prettiest socks Judy! I have to say I love that "Oatmeal color" best. Always been attracted to that color for some reason. Did you make the hat that's on that little girl too? I like that one. Such a great cause...you're awesome. Chat with you soon...we're heading out to go see the play "House on the Corner of Bitter & Sweet" I fell in love with that story since you told me about the book!

Anonymous said...

Busy needles this month. Congrats on all the finishes.

Maggie said...

You do beautiful work!

Laurie said...

You sure keep the needles busy. Love the hats. Your socks are great I will get there someday I'm still struggling with a basic sock...

hakucho said...

Your socks and caps are great! I love Sophia's hat...very cute.

Thanks for stopping by....I've got lots of catching up to do....

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Your flying needles are busy and producing some great results. Love the hairy cap - what a great idea! Healing thoughts sent for your friend.

Barbara C said...

Beautiful socks and hats! I wish I could be more productive sock-wise.

Susan said...

Love the ones started in the top picture. You are very talented. I'll never be a knitter, but I enjoy seeing things others do.

Tanna said...

Oh, that Miss Sophia is a doll in her hat!! Just a doll. =) You do such beautiful work.

blessings ~ tanna

Linda said...

What great projects!! Miss Sophia is getting cuter everyday!!

Library Gal Quilts said...

Love all of it. My goodness you have busy fingers!! That little sweetie with the hat looks pretty adorable Judy!

Merry said...

Fantastic sock and love that hairy chemo hat...terrific idea.