My Blog List

Friday, October 19, 2012

On the Needles

It's been a while since I last posted as we just got back from visitng the Midwest.  Lots of knitting happened on the plane and in the car:


I got a good start on another pair of Dragon Fly socks using Opal's Feen & Elfen.  If you've not tried this pattern, I'd recommend it! It's a fun one.


Several of us from my quilt group are knitting purple hats for the Don't Shake the Baby campaign during November and December, and I finished a couple of them.  You can find out more about it the program  here.


This is my go-to Prayer Shawl pattern called Easy Triangle Shawl. It was knit from Homespun for a choir friend who's just been diagnosed with breast cancer.  She told me last night that she loves it!

Now back to the needles.........

15 comments:

Mary said...

Love your knits, thank you for sharing.

Janet said...

Three pretty projects, Judy. I love the colors in the sock yarn. I'm knitting a pair of dragonfly socks now. You're right; it's fun knit.

Suzanne said...

What lovely knit projects!

Laurie said...

That's a lot of knitting. Thanks for posting AND for visiting my post and commenting.

Nancy said...

Wow, your needles have been flying (literally and figuratively). ;oD

I have a purple baby hat in the works, and now I know what to do with it. Thanks for the link.

Unknown said...

Love the socks, hat, and shawl. Wonderfully knit projects with the "wow" factor.

Linda said...

Great projects...it seems like we missed you...we are in the mid-west now!! Have a great evening!!

Cat said...

Lovely knitting! Purple hat is adorable, I'll go check out the link. The prayer shawl came out beautiful, and those are some pretty socks taking shape!
Have a great week getting settled back in at home.

Lynn said...

That shawl is gorgeous Judy!

kathy b said...

Judy!!
GOrgeous socks and shawl. I have a great interest in the PURPLE CRYING campaign.....I give their cd to every parent I meet In ISCU. More so that people understand that babies cry A LOT and its okay. Great hat project. You have been busy!

Linda Vincent said...

Always in awe of your neat work!
xx

Michelle said...

That is the prettiest sock yarn - love the color combination!

Anonymous said...

The shawl for your friend is beautiful. I bet she feels like you are giving her a hug every time she wears it.

Isn't Dragonfly great? I'm working on a pair right now.

Merry said...

What amazing projects you have worked on. Love the shawl and that is just the cutest hat for such a terrific cause. Tricky looking socks.

Paula, the quilter said...

The i-cord at the top of the hat is cute. I'm knitting for Hurricane victims.