My Blog List

Friday, November 13, 2009

My Purse Came Home!

Just about a week ago the mailman brought my CQ purse back from its visit to Janet's house in Colorado. Oh my, what beautiful stitching she did! It was fun looking back at my "before" pictures because I couldn't remember how it looked and what I had done, so I will show both here. My next step is to sew the pieces together and line the whole thing. Another project!
My Stitching on the Front

With Janet's Additions

My Stitching on the Back

Janet's Additions

A great little shopping adventure with Sharon inspired me to put the finishing touches on Janet's purse, and she let me know that it arrived safely back at her house this week. It was really fun to finally meet Sharon, and besides boosting the economy with our visits to THREE stores, we enjoyed getting acquainted.
Janet's Purse

My Additions

This was a very fun swap, and it is really nice to see another person's stitching up close, especially Janet's as she's a pro!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the addition of the pansy. It is BEAUTIFUL!

Anonymous said...

That is one groovey original purse!

I have always mean't to do one of my own, but never get around to it!

Rian said...

That is SO PRETTY! Can't wait to see how you put it together and finish it.

Lynn said...

Wonderful! The sticthing and the fabrics on it are terrific.

Maggie R said...

So Beautifull
A real piece of art
Thanks for sharing. I always enjoy seeing your work..
xoxo
((((hugs))))
Maggie

Wildflowerhouse said...

Judy, (my partner in crime!) It was fun wasn't it. I think we were very well behaved. I have brought my piggy bank out and have started saving for our next gathering. LOL Your purse is beautiful. The stitching fantastic. Save your pennies now! Sharon

Cat said...

Oh how pretty! The colors are fab!

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Judy! Both crazy patch purses are looking fabulous! They'll be spectacular once they're finished and are sure to draw comments whenever they're taken out somewhere! Bear Hugs! KRIS

Kathy... said...

Lovely! I'm not really sure what's going on with these lovelies, as I am new to your blog, but certainly are gorgeous, none the less. I will enjoy following their progress.

Linda Vincent said...

Its good to click on the close-ups and see that amazing stitching in detail!
:-)

Yoyo said...

If you all keep doing these beautiful things you are going to convince me that I have to try yet another craft -- cut it out, no don't, if you cut it out you'll make something out of it (LOL).

BTW you just pick up the camera, point, and click, he he he he he he

Wildflowerhouse said...

Judy I forgot to mention how cute your header is. What a cutie! Sharon

allie aller said...

Very glad to see these fabrics put to such fabulous use, Judy!
Now, to see the finished purse... ;-)

Lapplisor said...

Dear Judy
They are so beautiful work on the BOM ..
a very beautiful embroidery.
best wishes
♥☼♥Barbara♥☼♥