Well, I have finished all twelve Noah stitcheries, and they were really fun to do. I varied this block slightly from the pattern, using the color of the first dove rather than gold, and adding the branch to cover up a spot on the fabric.
To make embroidering easier, I left all of the blocks as one piece until I was finished before cutting them apart. As you can see, they haven't been pressed!
I learned a lot putting on the borders. I should have made them wider and put them on randomly colorwise rather than all the same. The directions call for cutting the borders 3/4 inch but I think I would have preferred that measurement to be the finished size.
The Ark with Borders
It's going to be a while before I finish this quilt because like Kris, my blocks don't fit together like they should, so I am going to have to punt! I also want to end up with a larger quilt, so, stay tuned. I found the cutest Noah fabric for the back..... Thanks to Lynette for sharing these stitchery patterns!