My Blog List

Sunday, September 13, 2026

Finally a Post!


I just realized that I've not posted for quite a while! It's been busy here with company that included a friend from high school and also our oldest daughter.  Her husband was in Ireland with their youngest son and went to see David, his brother who's studying art there.  She visited her sister and us as well as a good friend in Sequim. Here she is with here niece and Lulu their dog.


I haven't finish any projects lately until today when I completed this hat.  It's made from a yarn called Cherish (King Cole) that makes it's own pattern.  The hats I've made from this will be donated to a local charity.

 


Lately we've had lots of visitors to our yard who think our plants need to be pruned!



Yesterday a friend and I went to a local quilt show and saw lots of beautiful quilts.  Here are a couple of my favorites.


So that's a bit of an update on what's been going on here. Hope you all are enjoying the return of fall! We finally had some much needed rain here last night. It's finally quit, so we are headed to the grocery store.
                                                                        ~~~
Hope you all have a good week !





4 comments:

Araignee said...

What beautiful quilts! The deer here "prune" my plants regularly. So much so I have to keep all the new trees under net bags to keep them from being eaten to the ground. With all these woods and underbrush you'd think they'd have enough to eat.

Delighted Hands said...

Nice of the deer to help prune for you! lol We have a family of raccoons who are determined to knock over my planted pots on the front porch--I do NOT appreciate their help!! (I think you forgot to add a pic of the hat--it sounds very pretty!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Love the deer visitors - even if they munch on gardens. We are too far in town to get them in my garden - but there are tonnes in the fields around us!
I love a good quilt show - so much inspiration!

Juliann in WA said...

I’m happy you were able to go to the quilt show. I knew about it but my days have been over flowing these days.