My Blog List

Monday, August 26, 2024

We've Been Celebrating!


We went to Cannon Beach Oregon to celebrate our 59th anniversary and were blessed by nice weather despite the rain on our way there and back at home while we were gone!


This was a surprise finding in a small park near one of my favorite yarn shops. (And yes I did buy some yarn even though there was plenty back at home.)


We love the walk to Haystack Rock! As you can see this sand castle is about to be washed away by high tide. When the tide is low, it's possible to walk out to the rock!


Today I just sent off this dishcloth which turned out much better than the first one. Lesson learned: read patterns carefully!


Here's one more hat to be donated soon.


Can you guess what this is?

~~~
That's it for today! Have a nice week and a fun Labor Day celebration.







 

18 comments:

Betsy said...

Happy, Happy Anniversary! I'm glad you had nice weather at the beach. We used to love going to Cannon Beach and also walking to Haystack Rock. How we miss the ocean. I never visited a yarn shop there though. How on earth did I miss that? lol
Love your pretty dishcloth. Enjoy the final days of summer.
Blessings,
Betsy

Juliann said...

What a wonderful place for an anniversary celebration

Araignee said...

Happy anniversary! What a beautiful place to celebrate.
I have no idea what you little plant is but it sure is cute.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Happy Anniversary! Haystack Rock and Cannon Beach are a wonderful place!

Judy S. said...

Nice to hear from you! Thanks for posting.

Judy S. said...



Thanks!

Judy S. said...


Thanks! It is definitely worth the trip despite the traffic on I-5. We like to stop at Country Cousins for lunch, too.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

You live in such a pretty part of the world! All your pictures have put it on my bucket list of places to visit!

Judy S. said...

Let us know and we will show you around!

Tired Teacher said...

Happy Anniversary! I’m guessing the plant is some kind of grape.

Judy S. said...

Nope, but it is a fruit!

Delighted Hands said...

What a beautiful place to visit--and glad you could visit a yarn shop! Nice job on the dishcloth and hat!!

Judy S. said...

Thanks!

Wool and Steel said...

Happy, happy anniversary to you and Dick! Sounds like you had a wonderful celebration trip.

You go me on the plant -----------------grape?

As for your question on my blog... you are askin' the wrong girl. I have stash that would outlive 5 knitters, but do I stop buying yarn? No, I do not. LOL

karen said...

happy anniversary and I'm so glad you were able to celebrate it!!

Sandy said...

Happy Anniversary. No clue on the plant. Yeah for the yarn shop, and of course you bought some, that's part of your celebration. Pretty wash/dish cloth. I like the design and colors. Well done on donating the hat.

Mrs. Micawber said...

Happy belated anniversary, and what a stunning place to celebrate. Yarn is always a good souvenir. :)

Judy S. said...

Ditto!