My Blog List

Monday, August 12, 2024

Catching Up!

This summer has flown by. Our weather has been unusually hot with little rain so we've kept busy doing lots of watering to keep our plants alive. We've also had visits from our oldest grandson and my sister and her husband. Despite the business of our summer so far, I have completed some finishes, but I've sure fallen behind on my blogging. 


This is a fun sock pattern with a different kind of cuff.


I finally got some professional help making the button holes on this sweater which had been languishing in my stash forever.  And on top of that a friend and I discovered a really nice and helpful yarn shop in our downtown; if you're ever in the area, be sure to visit The Knitters Studio!


These are the last of the 5 dishcloths I made for my sister who recently visited us.


This is a fun pattern!


The Diamond Mosaic washcloth. The first one I made a long time ago turned out square, and I have no idea why this one didn't! In checking the pattern, it looks like I omitted part of the directions, but my sister liked it anyway.


The Blue Angels were in town for our annual Seafair celebration, and my sister and Ted got to see them in different places every day they performed! We had a fun visit and got to explore lots of walking trails too.

                      ~~~   

Enjoy the rest of August! 

               

5 comments:

Araignee said...

The sweater is lovely! All your projects are wonderful. I got to see the Blue Angels in action in the spring. Boy, are they LOUD but amazing to see in flight. The precision at such a speed is mind boggling.

Delighted Hands said...

What a beautiful sweater!!! So glad it is finished so you can enjoy wearing it! The visits must've been so enjoyable!

karen said...

what a pretty sweater!! Love the washcloth so perfect for summer.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The Blue Angels recently stopped in Cheyenne to refuel. It was fun to see video of them on Facebook. The Thunderbirds usually perform every year at Frontier Days so sometimes I see them practicing when I drive that direction for a doctor’s appointment.

Juliann said...

You have had a busy summer. Lovely knitting.