My Blog List

Saturday, November 25, 2023

Some Night Time Fun!

Last night the skies were clear, the moon was out, and we watched the Space Station fly over our house at about 5:45 PM thanks to a notification from NASA. You can get these emails, too, by signing up at Spot The Station | NASA


NASA (.gov)
https://spotthestation.nasa.gov



You will only get the notifications when the ISS is visible where you live. It's fun to watch it move across the sky and imagine what the astronauts are doing and what they can see. Try it, it's fun!

8 comments:

Araignee said...

I love it! I'll have to give it a try.

Dee said...

We got to see it fly over Cape Canaveral when we were kayaking in Mosquito Lagoon. That area is the darkest area on the east coast of the U.S. It was very cool.

Glad you got to see it. We sure wouldn't where we live. Too much light pollution from the ground.

Betsy said...

That is so neat. It would be way too light here to see it, but we used to watch it at the lake north of Spokane. How I miss that lake and the camping we did there. I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful!
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Delighted Hands said...

I signed up last week and then we had cloudy/rain all week and I missed seeing it every night! lol I have another chance this Sat so will hope for better weather! Glad you got to see it!

Karen51 said...

It’s always a thrill to watch the ISS flyover and imagine what is happening inside. Have you seen Starlink flyovers? It is an awesome sight. You can get a schedule of the times to look for it.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Love it! I've seen it a couple times, and it's always a thrill

Sandy said...

How cool, I didn't know you could do this. Great of you to post the info for folks. When my Dad was alive in his younger years he was always up on when to see things. YOur post makes me think of him.

karen said...

I did not know this!! How cool is that :)