My Blog List

Thursday, September 12, 2019

What's Up? And a Finish!

Wow! We are almost halfway through the month of September already, and I'm not sure how that's happened.  We've been busy with the beginning of a new choir year, which for us means dealing with lots of music in our position as choir librarians. Then there has been some doctor/dentist visits, some work in the yard, visits with relatives and of course, some knitting. Somehow I manage to get behind with blog visits; but I'll bet you've figured that out already?




Our roses have been so pretty this year!


This birdie, a Steller's Jay, is pretty tame and visits almost every day, hoping for a peanut. There's also a friendly squirrel that took a peanut from my fingers today, but it's harder to get to sit still long enough to photograph.  Someday, maybe.....  They both have friends but no others are as tame.


This is the first time I've ever knit a right and left sock!  It's a fun and also free pattern. The yarn is  Schachmayr sock yarn. I'll be making this pattern again, for sure!


So, that's what's been going on here. We expect to have a busy weekend as my BIL and SIL are returning from an Alaska cruise and will be staying here for a couple of days before heading back home.  Hope you all have a great week!

8 comments:

DelightedHands said...

I thoroughly enjoy a texture stripe up my socks like that! I like knitting the and I love wearing them--my feet look very cool in them! lol

Betsy said...

You lead such a busy life. How neat that you can feed the squirrel and jay like that. Up close and personal.
Love those socks. In fact I printed off the pattern and hope to be able to make some socks and other projects soon. Right now it's mittens like crazy. My number to be donated has lowered this year to at least 50 pair instead of over 100, but I figure that's better than if I hadn't made any, right? I've had so many other projects this year.
Enjoy your weekend with your family. We're heading to Nebraska next week to see Piper for her birthday! Yay!
Blessings,
Betsy

Dee said...

Your ZIGS look great. Have fun with the visitors.

Araignee said...

Congrats on your finish! Those are some great looking socks. I can't wait for sock weather!

Tired Teacher said...

Fun socks! It's been cool here and I'm wearing my wool socks again - so toasty and comfy. Your rose is gorgeous.

kathy b said...

Beautiful Socks Judy. I don't know where summer went. :( It is supposed to be warm for a week, in the 80s so that's good to hear!

Mereknits said...

You sound so busy no wonder you are running out of blogging time. Love your new socks.

karen said...

beautiful pair of socks that have a right and a left! I cannot believe it's half way through September, where does the time go??