My Blog List

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

A Finish, A Correction and Two Eagles

How could I confuse two rainbows?  Well, I sure did.  The one in my last post was from our CAR window en route to Cannon Beach, Oregon.  And this is the one from our hotel window in California!



These booties have been delivered to our daughter who will send them to her friend and former roommate's newly arrived son.



Now I need to get back to work on some other projects, including another pair of booties requested by my grand daughter for her math teacher's baby girl due in June.



A couple of weekends ago we drove to Rockport, WA, in search of eagles.  As it turned out, we were too late.  The eagles gather here in January and earl February to feast on the spawning salmon.  We did see some pretty views though, and our sharp-eyed friend Nancy spotted two eagles in a tree in Arlington on the way back home.




Did you know that eagles mate for life and return to their nest every year?


We also stopped at the site of the Oso landslide that occurred four years ago this month.  It will eventually be a memorial park in remembrance of the 42 victims of this tragedy.



May they rest in peace.

9 comments:

Araignee said...

We have eagles here and they scare me to death. They will sneak up on you and when they fly by it's like a small airplane is trying to land on your head. I'm scared to death they will think little pup is a snack. They are beautiful. Just too darn big for me.

Tired Teacher said...

The baby booties are adorable. I have that pattern and should knit some one of these days.

I remember the landslide and recently wondered what became of the area. I'm glad that a memorial is being planned.

kathy b said...

I need to make some booties . Those are just darling Judy. I like the little bit of fuzz on them.
You have been a traveling girl!!!! Wow. I need to be braver when we travel. I get all wonky. There's so much of the country to see. I'm going to be better at it.
Eagles are beautiful. We saw them regularly at my father's cabin in Minocqua Wisconsin. On a train trip to see my sister we saw many wintering along the Mississippi RIver. We saw so many there in the trees, right next to the train!

Vera said...

I love to see eagles - hoping to get out with friends sometime soon - you can always see them along the Susquehanna River. cute booties!!

Betsy said...

We have eagles at the lake who soar over us daily. I'm always in awe of them. We can see their nest from our trailer but have never seen any babies.
Your baby booties are darling. Is the pattern available online? They look so soft.
That mudslide was so tragic. I don't think I'll ever forget it. You know where that big crack is now? People keep climbing up there to see it and I want to ask them if they've already forgotten Oso? They are risking their lives. I'm so glad a memorial will be built.
Blessings,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

That is a great photo of you and Dick. I'm guessing you made your hats.

In Jacksonville, we had a bald eagle that lived right downtown. I saw him (her?) a couple of times.

I've seen several here in PA. There is one that lives out by the Little League field in Hatboro. I get to see him or her pretty regularly.

Rian said...

I have seen those eagles swoop down and snatch a salmon out of the water in Alaska. They have a little trouble getting airborne again, but very majestic. Lovely booties, so sweet.

karen said...

I'm pretty sure I saw an eagle flying last week when I was driving. When we lived in the U.P. of MI we saw them all the time, loved it!! Your booties are the sweetest booties EVER.

Tanna said...

Love the photo of you two! Rainbows and eagles... sights to delight our souls! We have a pair of eagles in our neighborhood. They are so majestic! Man, it would be exhilarating to see them catching salmon! You'll have to go earlier next year and show us pictures! Ha! CUTE booties!! blessings ~ tanna