My Blog List

Monday, May 8, 2017

Slow Down, May! Finished UFOs, Hurrah!

Here it is, the beginning of the second week in May!  I'm convinced that someone has put the calendar on "fast forward".  But then that always happens at this time of year, with lots of activities coming to an end for summer.  Lately, I've been working on some ancient UFOs, trying to whittle down their number. (I am way better at starting than finishing.) I was inspired by Judy L. of Patchwork Times suggestion to make a list of 12 unfinished quilt projects, and then she draws the project number to complete each month, only I'm using it on my knit projects, not that I don't have any quilt UFOs. (or cross stitch....)




April's finish is Color Affection which I started in 2012.


February's project Twin Rib Scarf was finally complete on May 1.  If you enlarge the photo, you can see how the sequins sparkle in multiple colors.



I already shared these two projects which were completed in January.  All that was left on the sweater was sewing the seams, something I can procrastinate forever!


These socks were the March project, and I've already shown them also.


And I know you're already wondering about the May project.  Well, it's teaching me a good lesson:  Do not stop in the middle of a project!  I had totally forgotten how to add the beads.  It's not looking good for a finish by the end of the month, that is certain. Sigh. Besides there's another project looming on the horizon that has a real deadline. Yikes!


I almost forgot this month's finish which is a UFO that wasn't on the list, Dublin Bay Socks, a fun and free pattern.  Have a great week and don't stop in the middle of your project!

13 comments:

Betsy said...

Wow! You sure are making great progress. Even if you miss a month here and there, you'll still have so many finished projects by the end of the year. I really like your sparkly scarf and that last pair of socks is beautiful too. I think I'll be looking that pattern up. Thanks for sharing with us.
Blessings, Betsy

Araignee said...

I so agree with that stopping in the middle thing. It takes forever to figure out where you are. It makes my head hurt. I love your Color Affection. I need to go dig mine out. I love it for chilly spring nights.

Tired Teacher said...

Fabulous finished projects - hard to pick a favorite, but I do like a little bling, and the sparkling scarf is a winner!

Sharon said...

HMmmmm. Had that stopping in the middle of project problem here as well.

It looks as if you knit non stop. And the items you make are beautiful. How does one get on your wish list. I need a new sweater for which I am spinning. Then it will need to be knit.

Anonymous said...

Color Affection sure is pretty. Looks like you knocked out quite a few projects lately!!!

Merry said...

What a great idea of how to finish ufo's. You are doing well, great projects.

Tanna said...

You are on a roll, Judy!! Woo hoo for all the FOs! Sometimes it is REALLY hard to get back on flow with a pattern after it's been in time out. LOL! Congratulations on all your finishing! blessings ~ tanna

karen said...

I've knit two color affection shawls and could knit another one!! yours is gorgeous!! love the mitts as well. I cannot believe it's May and we are a third of the way through it !!! Where does the time go???

kathy b said...

Stopping in the middle of a complex knit is the kiss of death for me. One of the reasons I'm so monogamous with my knititng is just that. I love those embroidered socks lady!

Anonymous said...

Somehow, I never thought of you as having knitting UFOs, because you show so many knitted things on here! You did work on a lot the last few months.

Caffeine Girl said...

You are knitting so virtuously! I need to tackle more UFOs, but I am such a sucker for casting on.
I agree with you about not stopping mid-project. I, too, forget everything!

Tanna said...

Judy, I used Lion Brand Shawl in a Ball for the last three shawls/wraps I've made. xoxo ~ t.

elns said...

So many beautiful knits. I admit, I'm jealous of your Color Affection! i have tried it twice years ago, and both times i had pulled too hard or something but it waspuckered. Horrible. Yours is lovely!