My Blog List

Saturday, November 26, 2016

What Happened to November?

 Since my last post, this month has been crazy busy!  First, was the weekend of Veteran's Day that started with the quilt show.  So many pretty quilts, and too many to show them all.  My favorite was the cat one. (Are you surprised?) It featured Laurel Burch fabric, and all of the cats were done with tiny seed beads!


Here are a few close ups: (If you double click on the photos, you can see the details.)



The sign tells you that it took the designer/quilter a year to do just the beading.


I fell in love with these dolls, too.  Have you ever worked with felted wool?  I have not.


The very next day we had a surprise family Birthday Brunch for Dick.  His brother and our SIL flew up from CA for the occasion.  It was a fun and busy weekend.  We were so full that we took the cake home.


Much to our surprise when we saw it next, it looked like this:


Since the birthday bash, we've been busy practicing for our Christmas choir concert on the 11th, doing lots of knitting, and of course, a little Thanksgiving cooking.


We took these over to the GK today; Stella grabbed hers and ran into her bedroom where she hid them in a drawer.  Maybe she'll try them on some day?


 Max put his hat right on; it's a bit slouchy now but should fit for another Christmas season or two!


And of course I finished another two cowls.  You will be glad to know that the last one, at least for now, is on my needles.


I don't bake cakes but I do make pies, and we are still eating this one.  With only three of us at our Thanksgiving table this year, we had a lot left over, but it is very yummy.


That's it for now.  If I have a chance, I will post a few more photos from the quilt show.  Till then, have a good week!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those cat quilts are amazing. I have a Laurel Birch button. Love that style.

Happy birthday again to Dick .... looks like he had a nice day of celebration.

Araignee said...

Wow! That quilt is spectacular. I can't imagine the time that went into it.
Mmmm....that birthday cake looks delicious and I'm still full from Thanksgiving!

Mereknits said...

Those quilts are spectacular, the beading is amazing. You and I have been working on the same project. I finished my first cowl yesterday and cast on number two right away. My last present to make for the holiday's.

Tired Teacher said...

Who knew that saving the cake for later would result in gaining 50 years of life! Now that's my idea of a birthday gift. I got quite a chuckle from the before and after photos.

The beading on the cats is phenomenal and absolutely gorgeous!

karen said...

I wish I was a quilter....but I'm not focused enough - my sister is though! loved seeing what you saw and Happy Thanksgiving!!

Sharon said...

Maybe your granddaughter thinks the sweater is so special, she's saving it for special. It is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

What kind of pie is that last one? The cake is too funny! Imagine the young man who got Dick's cake! LOL I don't know what happened to November. It disappeared in a cloud of fog, I think. =) Thanks for the great cat quilt photos.

kathy b said...

Oh How funny that DIck saved 50 years on the second cake.....quite the mix up eh? Wonder what the other family thought!!
Love your knit ups. Just told MEredith that you gave me an INterrupted Cowl this summer. SHe just discovered them.
Yum your pies!!

Teresa in Music City said...

Holy Cow!!!! That cat quilt is AHmazing!!! All those beads - wow 🙀. It would take me a LOT longer than a year to do all that :*)
Love the little sweater and cap - you do such cute knitted things for the kids! And if I see another pie anytime soon I'm going to burst! Yours does look delicious though I have to admit LOL!!!

Summer said...

The pie looks fantastic, and the cat quilt is stunning♥

elns said...

What a post filled with good things! I love a slouchy hat. The grandkids made out like bandits! I'd take some cake too. ha!

Katherine said...

The cat quilt is brilliant! That quilter has amazing talent. The cake thing is so funny. I don't know how that was accomplished but I have to figure it out so I can do that to my next birthday cake when no one is looking! I always put crazy numbers on our cakes, like 24 for the 50 year old and 32 for the 70 year old. As a result, no one pays any attention to how old the others are. "Weren't you just 30 on your last birthday?" The pie looks yummy!!