My Blog List

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Two More Finishes

Airplane travel and car trips make for good knitting time. I finished up this Twirly Skirt and delivered it last weekend. It's a little big with room to grow, but I think Stella liked it. It was a fun project with a very interesting way to do the waistband.




Sophia requested another hat like this one only in pink:



Lo and behold, as I was leaving Pacific Fabrics last Friday I found a ball of Keppi in pink; however, Sophia is two years older now, and I soon discovered one ball isn't quite enough anymore. So, I dove into the stash and found some leftover Caron Simply Soft Sparkly, and voila! It's done.



The best news is that it plays well with the cat scarf that I finished a while back.  One Christmas gift complete. Hurrah!



Don't you just love it when someone actually wears what you've given them?  My friend Becca wore her Scoreboard Scarf to the first Seahawks game this season even though the weather was warm.  The temps have cooled now, and it really feels like fall, so hopefully it will get lots more wearing time. Go Hawks!



Check out Judy L's blog to see what's on/off other's needles.

17 comments:

Araignee said...

I am always amazed at how much you get done! Everything is adorable as usual.

karen said...

Wow, you got a lot knitted while on the road!! Love your game theme scarf!!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Cute projects. Traveling is a very good time for crafting. Nice to see Becca using the scarf ... I'm sure the weather is about right for it now.

Anonymous said...

The hat and the kitty scarf look great together. Love those fuzzy pompoms!

Betsy said...

Such cute projects! I like the kitty scarf and hat and of course, the Scoreboard scarf. Go Hawks! They're doing pretty well so far aren't they?
Blessings,
Betsy

Tired Teacher said...

The skirt is adorable! With the ruffled hem, I can see why it's such a hit.

Yes, I love knitting for others who wear the items I knit for them.

kathy b said...

it is great to see that scarf in action! LOVE the kitty and hat match

Cranberry Morning said...

I look at your knitting and my jaw drops...again. That skirt! I like the hats and scarf too, but that skirt really caught my attention. I have great admiration for anyone who can knit like that. It's just beautiful! P.S. I don't know the story of the caterpillar and winter, but my story is: If you see a caterpillar, you know it's going to be a long, cold winter. Why? Because you'll always see at least one, and because it is always going to be a long, cold winter here in NW Wisconsin. :-))

Ramona said...

The skirt and punk hat are adorable! Traveling does make for some good knitting time.

Mereknits said...

Lovely makes Judy, you do such a wonderful job picking out the perfect yarns.
Hugs,
Meredith

Rian said...

Lucky family you have there. The twirly skirt is cute as can be, but that cat scarf just knocked my socks off!

Sharon said...

Love the new items you knitted. I need some grandchildren that would like home made over store items.

Anonymous said...

I probably would love that feeling, if anyone I ever made something for actually wore it. LOL

Katherine said...

I've never seen anything cuter than the cat scarf! My Diva G-granddaughter would love it. She is really into pink right now. Is it a single pattern or a kit? I need to look it up. The Scoreboard scarf is a great gift. Of course it is loved!!

Wendy said...

Lovely finishes Judy!

elns said...

I love that your friend is sporting her sporty spice seahawks scoreboard scarf! You are definitely a good friend to knit that up for her and she's definitely a true fan! I love all your knits, but I love that purple heart. I guess I love purple, but I love pink and green and blue ... You know knitting has erased the concept of a favorite color for me I think. I'm intrigued by the twirly skirt, I favorited the pattern, thank you! I have so many friends with little girls :)

Summer said...

These are so cute! I love the pretty colours ♥

summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com