My Blog List

Monday, July 27, 2015

Two Finishes and a MYSTERY!

I finally finished a small quilt that was started a very long time ago and quilted by a friend last summer.  It's a design by Lynette Anderson, and I learned the hard way that when you print out a pattern it's not always the correct size. That I found out after all the stitching was done, and I started putting it together.  So with a bit of pattern modification, the piecing was completed and my friend quilted it for me.  I really don't enjoy binding quilts and tend to procrastinate that detail.  Well, a certain young lady asked me to embroider something for her birthday, and, bingo!  I knew just the thing.  It's done early, no less, and I hope she will like it.





The dress for the other little August birthday girl is also finished.  I measured her yesterday, and it should fit for a while.


We spent the rest of our weekend sorting through lots of old pictures and our genealogy stuff after a short break for church and dinner out with the kids.  When we got back home, we decided to take a short walk before getting back to work.  When we left for our walk, one of our newest blooming plants looked like this:


When we got back, it looked like this:


See the empty stalks in the right corner of the photo? Even all the buds were nipped off and a few blossoms were lying on the ground.  This morning I also noticed that whatever the critter was, also sampled a few tastes of lily.  Wonder who the guilty critter was?  4-legged perhaps?  That'll teach me to brag about my crocosmia!

9 comments:

Araignee said...

Love the dress, love the quilt and I feel very sorry for the poor little flower.

karen said...

Well, you did feed the hungry :) Love the dress and yay for finishing some long ago started projects, always a good feeling!!

Tired Teacher said...

Your projects are fantastic. Nice finishes!

Hmm, I suspect the deer nibbled your flowers.

kathy b said...

Your finishes are beautiful. The dress is just darling!

Well you have the picture as proof of your gardening!

Your quilt is lovely and I don't sew so I am really impressed Judy!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely finishes, congratulations. Those are pretty flowers, too. I've given up on flowers here this year!

elns said...

The quilt and the dress look great! You have been busy! I can't believe you've done all that.

Janet said...

Love your projects, Judy. The little dress is adorable.

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Judy! You win ... you finished your Noah's Ark quilt before me. :0) We sure did have some trouble with those block sizes, didn't we? Lovely to see that you found a way to make yours work. I'm sure I'll get to mine ... one day! :0) Happy creating - Bear Hugs! KRIS xx

Unknown said...

Love the quilt and the pink dress; you do such lovely work!