My Blog List

Friday, August 1, 2014

Off the Needles~a Sparkly Bonnet

If you've not seen Cascade's Sunseeker yarn, check it out!  Sunseeker Multi is what I used for this bonnet, and I liked it so much I ordered 2 more skeins in different colors. (I needed more yarn, right?)  This bonnet is a Fiber Trend pattern, and I'd forgotten how much fun it is to knit.  Remember this photo?


She definitely needs a new hat, don't you agree? (And I need mine back!)




The ties are an I-cord that also makes a nice finish on the bottom edge.



What's on my needles now, you say?  A bunch of things, but I am going to concentrate on my Camp Loopy #3 project, started this morning.  It's a vest for a certain someone; the pattern ranges in size from 6 mos. to 12 yrs., so if it turns out well, there will be more to make in the future for 2 other someones.



With the unusually sunshine this July, our garden has kept both of us busy.  Enjoying the extra warmth is one of my favorite plants to grow each year, the Black-eyed Susan vine.  As you can see, it's headed up to our second story!  Each time I look at it I'm reminded of a prettier version of Jack-in-the-Beanstalk!



This year's flowers are sort of a peachy color with a dark center; all the other years before they have been orange and black. It was a surprise this time! If you've not tried this plant, it's  very fun to watch. See you next time! Meanwhile, don't forget to check out Patchwork Times for some knitting inspiration.  

14 comments:

Unknown said...

A darling bonnet! I love all the details. I think a certain someone will look precious wearing it!

Janet said...

The bonnet is adorable! You find and knit the cutest baby things.

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww...she looks awfully cute in YOUR hat.

Love that flower. It should be interesting to see if it gets even lighter in color next year.

Nancy said...

That bonnet is seriously CUTE and the yarn is adorable.

Dar said...

Such a cute bonnet. I like the ones she's wearing in the first picture too. That is an interesting flower. Never heard of it before.

Wendy said...

What a lovely little bonnet!

Barbara C said...

A sweet bonnet for a sweet baby.

Tanna said...

Oh, she is precious!! I want to see that cute bonnet on her. =) Your garden is beautiful, Judy. Life so much better surrounded by beautiful plants and flowers.

I will be looking forward to hearing what you think about the vest pattern. I'm contemplating a vest for the boys... hmmmm...
blessings ~ tanna

Rian said...

You never cease to amaze me with what you do with those needles. The garden is going gangbusters!!

kathy b said...

I love bonnets. Al wore them all the time as a baby girl!!! your knitted bonnet is the bee s knees!
and i love your peachy flowers

Fünfzigerjahremädel said...

What a wonderful snapshot,...the little girl under the big hat! ;-)))
You want to know,what we do with the plums!? We eat them,... together with our friends and the the wasps!
Sometimes I cook marmelade.
Greetings from Ulla and thank you very much for your comments on my blog!

Anonymous said...

How adorable she's going to look in that cute little hat! I thought you were gone?

Caffeine Girl said...

That bonnet is absolutely adorable! I've seen that yarn and been tempted to buy it, but I don't know what I'd make.

Thanks for the flower photos. My yard is so shady that it's hard for me to grow hosta. Seriously.

elns said...

The bonnet is really cute. I love how summery this whole post felt. But honestly, that first photo of the little in the swing is too cute. I could eat her with a spoon :)