My Blog List

Friday, September 28, 2012

On the Needles or Done and Undone


About six weeks ago I joined the Trapeze Mystery KAL.  Today was the last clue, and I am only just about done with Clue 3.  What happened?  Life, I guess.  We will soon be visiting our grandkids, and what started out as one hat ended  up as four.  You can't make a hat for one and not the other right?  And then there's the new baby we will see and the grandson who lives here.  So four hats and a pair of booties later is why I'm lagging behind on my shawl.  It's pretty though, and I'll finish it sooner or... later.  And yes, you're right, the holidays are coming up.  How do I know?  Well, grandson #3 has a new Halloween costume, and our quilt group just got the Christmas Stocking Assignment......


Hat number three.  Do you recognize the yarns?


Hat number 4. Can you believe it's really purple?


I still want to add some pink ribbons to these Booties.


And in the midst of all this knitting, I realized that this month's Sunbonnet Sue block was supposed to be done by tomorrow.  This week's TAST stitch was the knotted buttonhole which I used on the edge of her hat.  Yep, that shawl will get done.....someday!

9 comments:

Nancy said...

Well, the shawl may be on the back burner, but your other projects are wonderful. I like the hats and booties - purple is a very difficult color to photograph. I looks like you are finished with the Sunbonnet Sue block.

Anonymous said...

You need more hours in your day. LOL

Have you noticed that purple is notoriously HARD to photograph?

Have a great trip to see the grands!

Lynn said...

So much accomplished! The hats are beautiful. Love the sunbonnet sue stitching.

Mary said...

Love the hats and booties. Sunbonnet Sue is adorable.

Becca said...

Beautiful knitting Judy! Those booties are adorable!

Charlene ♥ NC said...

You're a good Grammy! Love the light one with the 'knot' on top - and the booties are so precious. Be well.

Lifesastitch said...

You have a perfectly good reason for getting behind on the one project. You certainly haven't been goofing off in the knitting department.

Unknown said...

All are beautiful projects!

kathy b said...

oh the booties will look so cute with ribbon. I want to see them. The hats are adoraable and will get worn out!! Love your Sunbonnets...always