Last fall one of the local quilt guilds had a show where one of our group's joint projects was displayed. This past week a friend sent me a photo to share; each of us made a dress (mine is the one on the top right), and then two others put it together and quilted it. The quilt was donated to the local Ronald McDonald house.
Lots of vendors were also at the show, and I found a kit from one of my favorites: Hummerdog Quilts. Her kits, in addition to being accurately precut, are always cute and beautifully packaged as well. One of 15, this little widget was correctly identified as a tutu, first by Susan and then a few others.
One tutu will be attached to each leotard after the quilt is quilted. The top, which has a total of 6 rows, is all ready to be "sandwiched," and only 4 more tutus need finishing. I am aiming to have it finished to take along on our next trip to Chicago. (There are two other quilts that need to be finished before then also!)
One of my goals has been to learn how to knit a sock from the toe up, so when I saw this mystery project at the Knitters Brewing Company, I joined. To my delight, I finally figured out how to do "Judy's Magic Cast-on" after a few false starts and finished the first clue. Hopefully, I'll be able to remember for sock #2!
The other item that was completed this week was a pair of socks for David. He requested a pair of wool socks a few weeks ago, and when asked for a color, replied, "Rainbow". Luckily I had some Crystal Palace Mini Mocha in that very color. The two don't quite match, but I don't think he'll mind.
Oh, and in case you're wondering, the cranberry bread turned out great. I used my regular recipe plus Gluten Free flour from Jules Gluten Free as well as some non-dairy "butter". Maybe I'll include the recipe on my next post; it's one I've had so long that I don't remember its origin.