My Blog List

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Random Thoughts and the Last 2009 TUSAL

Santa shows up in the strangest places: having arrived in a most unconventional vehicle, an emergency response ambulance, here he is at Sylvan Lake with David and Sophia. What is David looking at? Not Santa! Nor is Sophia. She wanted Santa to be sure and notice her pink snowsuit and green frog boots! Classy, eh?


Our kitchen counter doesn't look at all Christmasy since this plant arrived. The UW hospital had a great orchid sale a few weeks ago, and we succumbed to this beauty. Many of its buds fell off with the shock of being transported in the cold, but the few that opened are truly beautiful. We were intrigued by the tiny hooks at the end of each bottom petal.


The new moon date totally escaped me, perhaps thanks to our overcast skies and the fact that we haven't seen any stars ever since our weather returned to normal. Notice the new container and how the threads spread out when they were no longer squished!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love Sophia's eyes squinted so tightly shut. Oh my gosh, I wonder what she was thinking.

Your orchid is lovely.

Jules said...

I love those froggy boots! Sophia is such a lucky little girl to have those. LOL

The orchid is beautiful.

Ranae said...

I love those froggy boots too.
The orchid is beautiful.

Wildflowerhouse said...

Now Judy, Don't you laugh.... I have the same boots that Sophie has. I would want Santa to notice them too!!! Feeling much better though not 100%. I am slowly decorating the house. Should post pictures tomorrow. Have a great holiday and we will get together in 2010. Sharon
PS I hear you laughing...

Rian said...

That santa is definitely questionable. It has been ultra clear here and I got to sit in the hot tub and look at the stars last night--wow. Beautiful orchid.

Kathy A. said...

That orchid is simply stunning.

Love the snowsuit with the green boots. What a cutie patootie.

Yoyo said...

I hope Santa was hitching a ride and there was no real emergency (LOL). I think little David is proably looking for the sleigh which should be flying overhead.

Your new Totally Useless Container is great and so full too! I guess you may be forgiven for lateness if you can't see the beautiful winter sky (LOL).

Susan Elliott said...

Santa just visited our street today via hook and ladder firetruck! It's one of my favorite moments...it's also a great public relations idea since I think they make out pretty well when they come fundraising for the volunteer fire department!

I love orchids at christmastime and have had good luck with getting mine to rebloom...you just have to be willing to wait a year...sometimes less but mostly a year.

I'm going to try to listen to your singing on Christmas eve but it's a bit of a busy day...I wish someone would put the video on YouTube where we could watch it anytime -- maybe you could suggest it??

Merry Christmas Judy!!