My Blog List

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Captured!

Not too much other than entertaining is happening here, but Dick did manage to capture some photos of the faster members of our household and garden.
Our Hummer at the "Spa"
The local bird population has decided that our water fountain is their private spa, even the hummingbird! David likes to wash his hands there also because there's no soap.
Sophia's Quilt
My quilt group made a beautiful bear quilt for Sophia. Everyone appliqued a bear, and then Cathy quilted it. Sophia really loves it, but Dick had a hard time catching her as she's a speedy crawler.

Ginger doesn't quite know what to think about all this activity, but Dick did get an unexpected photo of her while trying to "preserve" the way my birthday orchid looks.
Judy's Birthday Orchid

6 comments:

Ele said...

Lovely pictures of your lovely family, Judy. Thanks for showing us!
I whish you all together a nice weekend and a good time
hugs and kisses for my little Sophia

from Gabriele

Wendy said...

What a beautiful quilt! I love seeing pictures of your family.
Wendy

Anonymous said...

Hi I noticed you saying you would like some fabric words ,Me too .What I do is I bought alphabet stamps and use them on white fabric very effective if you wanted them to wash you can buy some stuff you mix with ink to make it waterproof.
I love your blog I will come back and visit
love from sesga xx

Lapplisor said...

Hello dear Judy,
it reads itself for me, as if I could do you a cordial " Happy Birthday " wish :-)
You met all your love around you, and the cover of your friends is marvelous for Sophia.

I make my collages over Picasa… if you still for more experienced may, may you me down gladly write. Under my profile you find my address.

♥☼♥ Barbara ♥☼♥

Fünfzigerjahremädel said...

Judy,that's a wonderful quilt for a nice little girl!
Between the lines I read,that you and your husband have much fun with David and Sofia!I wish you always good times with your grandchildren!
Have a nice sunday,Ulla

Linda Vincent said...

Wow, is that really a hummingbird? How wonderful! The only time I have ever seen them was when we visited Jamaica and they were in the tree on our patio.
You are blessed, with your home and lovely family!
Love Linda xx