My Blog List

Thursday, January 4, 2018

Happy New Year! And One More December Finish, Too.

Why did I wait until today to post New Year's greetings?  Well, it's like this: in our family there are 3 birthdays after Christmas, one on the 28th, one today, and yet another on the 10th, quickly followed by one more on the 29th! So, you see, I've been knitting like a crazy woman.


This cowl has been delivered already.  It's a quick fun pattern from Darn Knit Anyway and was a great way to use a large button already in my collection.  Here's a close-up of the button which is one of my favorites ever.


The gifts for the next two birthdays are done, but I can't post them until next week after they've been delivered.  In case you're wondering, our snow is GONE!  The photo on my header is witch hazel which blooms here in January; there are several of these bushes/trees we see on one of our walking routes.  And in case you're interested, my goals for 2018 are to finish:12 WIPs along with 12 sock WIPs, most of which are missing sock # 2, and to finish some cross stitch projects along with some quilts that are just minus their binding. Wish me luck!  

13 comments:

Betsy said...

Good luck on your goals for 2018! I understand about your absence. I looked up yesterday and it was already the 3rd! Crazy. We have an anniversary Dec. 28. Hubby's birthday is January 9 and daughters is the 20th. I know exactly what you mean about preparing. We have a bit of a gap after this with only my birthday in February. We have plenty of snow, would you like some? :-)
Blessings
Betsy

Caffeine Girl said...

We have most of our birthdays in November and December, so I never have knitted gifts for everyone! You are so nice to knit for so many people!
It's hard to imagine going from snow to blooming flowers!

Tanna said...

Ha! I don't think you need any wishes for luck. You've got this, girl! Getting all these birthday gifts rolled out in time just exemplifies what I'm sayin'! All the best! blessings ~ tanna

Tanna said...

ps that button is definitely a FAVORITE!

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I know you can do it.

Sounds like you have been keeping yourself very busy.

Today was a snowy/blustery day for us. Not sure how much accumulated. Maybe 4" or so.

I'm hoping the roads will be clear for Saturday morning. Vera and I are supposed to get together.

Araignee said...

Best wishes in the new year! You've got some mighty ambitious resolutions there. I just want to finish any projects I've been working on for longer than 5 years!

Sharon said...

That's a lovely button to close a lovely cowl.
I have no doubt that you will reach your 2018 goals plus add new projects into the list. Enjoy this new year.

Tired Teacher said...

Love the button! I see a smiling face.

Happy New Year, and good luck on meeting your knitting goals.

elns said...

That button is the perfect compliment to the colors in that cowl! Very pretty detail.

Vera said...

Pretty button and beautiful cowl. I love Witch Hazel! So pretty. Good luck with your goals...I don't set any as it just removes any joy from what I am doing.

kathy b said...

That button is so lovely. it was meant for that cowl. I didnt' know witch hazel was yellow or that it blooms in January by you. Have fun celebrating all those winter birthdays! Ours are spread out rather nicely in the year. I know some families who do One big cake for all when they get older. As littles, they get their own cakes at first.

Mereknits said...

Happy Birthday to all celebrating. Happy 2018 Judy!

karen said...

I hope you finish all the WIPS ! Then you can start something new. Happy New Year!