My Blog List

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Florida Photos as Promised

During the first part of March we spent ten days in Florida for another "sun fix".  We had a great time, too, visiting friends and relatives all over the place, including Dee and her husband who kindly met us in Daytona Beach, not too far from one of DH's cousins in New Symerna.  Sadly we didn't take any people photos, but we did get a few nature ones.





Some kind of turtle


Moor Hen






Different shots of what I think is  an anhinga



Sandhill Crane (about 4 feet tall) 

Our hotel was down the road from the race track, and amazingly we got a nice room in a hotel nearby because it happened to be the week between two big races.  Who knew?





There's lots to see and do in this interesting state which is good because it's about as far away from here as you can possible get and still be in the continental US.  Nice people, too!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was SO good to see you and Dick again. Yummy food + good friends .....it doesn't get better than that.

BTW .....that turtle is a soft-shell turtle. Mighty ugly and a whole lot MEAN!

Araignee said...

Nice photos! Florida is really like being in a whole other world.

karen said...

I haven't had the chance to visit florida, yet. I think spring would be the perfect time though, not too too hot. lovely birds!

Betsy said...

Great pictures of the birds and I love the turtle. I've never visited Florida, although it's one state that I've always wanted to go to. It's a long way from us up here in Washington isn't it? I'm glad you had such a wonderful time and thank you for sharing the pictures.
Blessings, Betsy

Tired Teacher said...

Like Betsy, I haven't visited Florida, but love seeing your photos and the ones that Dee posts of her area. I'm thrilled that you had another visit with Dee and her husband.

kathy b said...

Ok you and Dee are in huge trouble. NO PHOTOS !!!! WHAT ?????? I have to imagine you two chatting, with Dee and her coffee and you and your sun hat. :) How is dear GIROUX? Did he charm you? My sister is here from Minnesota. I love her so

Anonymous said...

Thanks for pictures of the local fauna. I've not taken a river boat through any of the swamps or down the rivers, so that was interesting.

Merry said...

Wonderful photos, thanks for sharing. That crane, looks terrific. We had lots of people on our cruise who live in Florida.

Cranberry Morning said...

I do love your nature photographs, Judy! We have Sandhills up here too. I love the sound they make! I have to remind myself to take photos of people. I tend to take pics of architectural detail or barns or sunrises and sunsets. :-) Hope you had a wonderful Easter celebration.

Tanna said...

Such great photos, Judy! We've enjoyed a couple of trips to FL. It has some really beautiful places. I most appreciate nice folks wherever you travel!! blessings and hugs ~ tanna

elns said...

Looks like you saw a lot of interesting fun things on your trip! Good stuff :)

Katherine said...

Great photos! I love the turtle. He's so cute. Florida is a great place to live and/or visit. We lived in Jacksonville when Bill was in the Air Force. I understand why so many people retire there. It sounds like a great vacation which is a good thing because you went a l-o-o-o-o-n-g way to get there!