My Blog List

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Back with Reinforcements!

Never a dull moment at our house! The other morning our little bandit friend returned with several of his (her?) siblings and once again tackled our fountain. At one point, all four "babies" were up there, and we were amazed that it remained upright! Maybe I'll have to taste that water to see what makes it so attractive? Not on your life! Later that evening our motion light went on, and when we looked out of our window, we counted seven of the little critters frolicking in the moonlight!
I know there's water somewhere!

When not distracted by garden visitors or outside pulling weeds, I have managed to finish a few projects. The third Gail Pan block is stitched and bordered. Only 6 more to go!
Gail Pan #3

My son's friend is doing the 3-day Walk for the Cure in September, and I thought it would be fun for her to have a little memento in honor of all her hard work, raising the required funds and training, which has taken almost a whole year. I hope she likes it! I changed the writing on a free pattern by Caroline Hofstede of Cosmic Handmade to suit the occasion. (If you'd like to read more about "Team Tracy" and the walk, click on the link on my side bar.)
A Memento

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pillow for your son's friend is beautiful. I'm sure she will treasure it.

Lelia said...

Hi Judy: Both of your stitched pieces are lovely! The memento pillow & your block.

Your photo gave me a chuckle as we have many raccoons visit in the evening. They seem to enjoy the left over bird seed : )

Stitch Well Today!!!

Cindy said...

Those critter are cute. At least when they are at someone elses house.
Love the pillow too.

Mrs Quilty said...

Don't those squirrels eat any bulbs you have planted? They did at my mom's and she always ran them off! Pretty funny to see an old lady do that! That Gail Pan block is adorable! Nice Work. And that pillow is precious....your son's friend will treasure it....a wonderful momento!

Wildflowerhouse said...

Now that's some picture. Can I send my elk over....?! Love the little pillow. I was not chosen for jury duty. There were more than 50 people there and they only needed 7. Ack!!! It was Issaquah not Seattle, so that was good. So back to staining the house. Sharon

Merry said...

Those bandits are too cute. Your embroidery is lovely. The little pillow is beautiful I am sure your friend will love it.

Micki said...

Your stitching is lovely. The pillow is beautiful!
Micki

Barbara C said...

I've heard that racoons like to wash their hands before they eat: maybe your birdbath is their hand washing station.

Your embroidery is lovely. I've been itching to embroider lately, and your projects are inspiring.

Linda Vincent said...

I just had to fetch my husband to see your photo of the bandits!
Its brilliant! As you can imagine, we don't get that kind of thing in England.....
(We used to get loads of very entertaining squirrels but they were recently culled; very sad.)
The embroidery is beautiful Judy!!!
Hugs
Linda x

Susan Elliott said...

Those raccoons make me snicker...I'd be tempted to put the water source up even higher and see what they do to try to reach it...who needs movies??

Jane said...

This post keeps popping up in my reader all the time... figured if I make a comment it might disappear once and for all, LOL !! Those little rascals.. How are your Gail Pans coming on... isn't nice to have things done before the holiday rush??